- Sleeps 8 in 4 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Kitchen and sitting room each have seating for 14
- Available for full week holidays and short breaks
- Free super-fast fibre Wi-Fi
- Wood burning stove, logs and kindling supplied
- Panoramic sea views
- Extensive private grounds
- No dogs please
- 12 minutes’ woodland walk to private rocky shoreline
- 5 minutes’ walk to loch and wildflower meadow
- Games room with pool table and table football
- Type 2 7kW EV Charger at the property, with no additional fees
- Location: Dundrennan, 9 miles east of Kirkcudbright in Dumfries and Galloway, SW Scotland
- Short-Term Lets Licence Number pending
When we ask guests what they loved most about Orroland, we hear of the peace, privacy, fun and freedom to be oneself. Of the delight of gathering with loved ones in a space that exceeds their expectations, the joy of exploring the grounds, where those with Famous Five spirit can let their inner explorer emerge while those enjoying more peaceful pursuits describe a naturally inspiring environment that’s good for the soul.
That then, is what you can expect when you visit.
Downstairs you’ll find a warm and inviting farmhouse family kitchen, complete with AGA, with seating and equipment for 14 guests to dine together. There’s a comfortable sitting room with woodburning stove and seating for 14. The snug is a separate space for games/creative pursuits/work or just peace with a table and chairs for 4, desk, comfy seating and smart TV. There’s a useful utility room for coats, boots and washing appliances and a downstairs WC.
The house has ample parking and a large garden with a sun trap terrace, sturdy furniture and barbecue, lawns, hedges, woodland and wonderful views across the Solway Firth to the Cumberland Hills. Your own private games room with pool table and table football is adjacent to the house, just across the gravel parking area. Share your environment with the red squirrels that live in the woodland round the house.
Upstairs there are four bedrooms – two twins and two king-bedded rooms. Three have ensuite shower rooms; the fourth has its own bathroom adjacent with both shower and bath. Inter-lined curtains and luxurious bedding ensure a good night’s sleep.
Our prices include bed linen and towels, electricity, heating oil and logs for the open fire. You are welcome to arrive from 4pm and we ask you to depart by 10am. A landline phone keeps you in touch with family and friends whilst away if you choose to share the number.
Auchengashell EPC Rating: D
* We are fortunate to enjoy super-fast fibre broadband at Orroland.