COVID-19, Cleaning and Cancellation Information
Updated: 03 March 2021
The open space and privacy at Orroland make it a perfect place to enjoy a safe break.
It is important that we are able to provide a safe environment for you to enjoy your stay. Likewise, we are committed to ensuring the safety of our team.
Orroland Holiday Cottages is a member of the Association of Scotland's Self-Caterers and the Professional Association of Self-Caterers. Both of these Trade Associations have collaborated to develop a strict cleaning protocol for self-catering.
Scotland Lockdown - January 4 2021
From 4 January 2021 Scotland entered into a period of enhanced Covid measures. Pending any changes to the regulations our accommodation is closed for arrivals until 30 April 2021.
In order to limit our financial risk we are not accepting new booking requests for 2021 dates for multiple properties until all government restrictions are lifted.
Flexible cancellation terms
We offer flexible cancellation terms which remove the stress and worry from booking your holiday. You can cancel up to 7 days before the check-in date. Our flexible terms & conditions enable you to book with confidence, knowing that if you cancel for unforeseen circumstances (including COVID-19 illness, travel restrictions or reluctance to travel), we will refund you in full. If you need to cancel your stay at Orroland please contact us in writing.
Full information in our terms and conditions.
- In line with the guidelines provided by the trade associations, ASSC and PASC UK (referenced above) we have conducted a detailed Risk Assessment to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
- We will continually review our Risk Assessment to take into account any changes in guidelines or legislation.
- Our Risk Assessment is available on request.
- The owners and management team have completed training in Covid-19 Holiday Let Cleaning Protocols.
- In-house training and practice sessions have been undertaken with our whole housekeeping team on the Orroland cleaning standards as defined in our cleaning protocol and room-by-room checklist.
- Where appropriate we are using hospital grade Virucidal disinfectants that comply with EN 14675.
- The housekeeping team wear appropriate PPE and follow our strict cleaning checklist and protocol.
- Our cleaning standards and checklist are available on request.
We provide appropriate cleaning materials and food-safe Covid-grade spray disinfectant within the property for you to use during your stay. We ask you not to bring bleach with you.
You are welcome to arrive any time from 4pm. You will not be given access to the cottage before 4pm unless a special arrangement has been agreed in writing in advance. The cleaning we undertake is a 2-step process; the cleaning step is as normal but then we go through the whole house again disinfecting. This takes us extra time and we ask for your help in not arriving early.
You will have a no-contact check-in and check-out process. All of the relevant access information will be sent to you in advance and you will be able to access your property without direct contact with us.
We do like to personally welcome all of our guests to ensure that you are comfortable in the property and settled in happily for your stay. At Orroland we have plenty of space and will be able to meet and speak with you from a safe distance. You can notify us if you would like us to omit this welcome visit. If you need anything during your stay we are just a phone call away.
This handful of simple actions taken before your departure will help us enormously. We ask you to:
- Leave before 10am prompt. No excuses!
- Remove linen from used beds and bag the linen in the bags provided, including mattress protectors and pillow protectors. Towels to be bagged separately.
- Open windows in every room.
- Run the dishwasher at 60 degrees with all crockery, cutlery, glasses and utensils that will fit. Don't open or empty the dishwasher at the end of the cycle - we need the completed state of the cycle to be evident.
- Bag all rubbish and place in the outside bins as labelled. Take your own food items home at the end of your stay.
Helping you plan - what to expect in Scotland
Face coverings are compulsory in shops so please bring your favoured kind of suitable face coverings.
COVID-19 recovery phases in Scotland c/o VisitScotland website. Provides an indication of what services and places may open, when.
Scottish Government postcode checker. Orroland's postcode is DG6 4QS.
Dumfries and Galloway Council website for local COVID-19 intel.
Your commitment to us
It is imperative that you do not travel if you, or any of your party are showing symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in contact with someone who tested positive with 14 days of your check-in.
Please read and familiarise yourself and your party with the following public health and government information:
Latest COVID-19 guidance from NHS Scotland and the Scottish Government, including physical distancing measures and advice for infected households.
If you or a member of your party develop symptoms of COVID-19 during your stay or within 14 days of your return home you must inform us immediately.
If you or a member of your party test positive or develop symptoms during your stay
Scottish Government guidance states that you should stay indoors and self-isolate. Immediately book a test through NHS Inform using your holiday address or, if you can't get online, by phoning 0800 028 2816.
If your test is positive you must inform us.
If you are well enough to travel you should return home and self-isolate in accordance with current Government guidance.
If you are unwell and cannot return home, you will be expected to pay all costs for extending your stay. We recommend you take out travel insurance.
Test and Protect is Scotland's approach to preventing the spread of coronavirus in the community.